[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Logging using java.util.logging.*?

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 15 05:14:54 EST 2007

Success:
            try {
  |                 final FileWriter fw = new FileWriter("/tmp/logger.txt");
  |                 fw.write("log message here, at: " + new java.util.Date() + "\n");
  |                 fw.close();
  |             } catch(Exception e) { }

Sun's java.util.logging came out with Java 1.4.  You would think they would have some capability like the code I put above.

Oh and I can't use @Logger because some of this is happening outside of Seam, like in Servlets.  I need to just write my own file logger, like the above.

This is so amazing that, even years after 1.4 came out, basic log messages still vanish.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4001714#4001714

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4001714