[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - automatically completing tasks

dpatri do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 15 14:58:46 EST 2007

Hi,

I am new to jBPM so this question may seem trivial. I have scoured the documentation, and I am unable to find my answer (or don't know enough to realize the answer is looking me in the face)

I have a process definition that forks into several task nodes. For example, let us a say that a process forks into four task nodes (A, B, C, D)

I have a join between task nodes B, C, and D that when completed, moves to the next node (let's call that E). However, I have designed node "A" when completed to automatically forward to node E. In other words I need to move to node E, based on [A OR (B and C and D)]. However, even when I complete task node A, and it moves to node E - B, C, and D are still active and waiting completion. How do I setup my process definition to allow [A OR (B and C and D)] and move to E if this is satisfied. BTW all these task nodes require a human to fire the event. I'm sure this can be done easily, but I am not understanding how it should work.

Below is a snippet of the process definition that illustrates my point.

<task-node name="adminReviewOBI">

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4001899#4001899

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4001899