[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Custom deployer and deployment ordering?

chris.laprun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 15 18:39:04 EST 2007

Hi,

I have a custom deployer that constructs services based on an XML description. These services rely on a J2EE application client (WS client) being initialized before they can be properly started (since they need access to the WS).

My app structure is as follows:

  | - top-level.sar
  | - - client.jar
  | - - config.xml
  | - - ...

where client.jar contains the configuration for the application client and config.xml is the XML file based on which my services are created.

My problem is how can I force the deployer to wait for the application client to be ready before starting to process the XML files and create services?

Implementing/configuring a DeploymentSorter is NOT an option.

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002014#4002014

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002014