[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Logging using java.util.logging.*?

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 15 21:50:21 EST 2007

I have found the problem.  It is several layers of fragile junk being mis-labeled as logging systems.  The main culprit is Tomcat's new JULI logging system, new since Tomcat 5.5.9 I believe.  This piece of junk is a sophisticated system which allows each individual application to have its own logging.  Unfortunately it achieves this by not logging anything, and by re-assigning System.out so even println doesn't work anymore.

Now I have to see if there is some way to disable it or force it to actually log log messages.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002076#4002076

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002076