[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Testing FacesMessages with wmbedded container and injection

dsvmacdonald@nuarch.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 15 22:30:24 EST 2007

When I try to test my login module using a TestNG integration test, it throws the following error:

  [testng] javax.ejb.EJBException: javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Property 'jboss' is not found on type: org.jboss.seam.Namespace

After some debugging, I have tracked down the error message to the fact that I am injecting the FacesNessages in my LoginAction class using

@In(create=true)
private FacesMessages facesMessages;

and

facesMessages.addFromResourceBundle("some message");

in the login method.

If I rewrite the LogicAction class to use FacesMessages w/o injection, such as

FacesMessages.instance().addFromResourceBundle("some message");

it compiles fine and runs to completion.  However, the assertion fails when I check the FacesMessages b/c it is null.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Dan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002085#4002085