[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Asynchronous callbacks

aleksab do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 16 05:55:08 EST 2007

How can i achieve asynchronous callbacks in a stateless/statefull bean?

Scenario: A client send a request to a bean (ie do some processing of some large data). The bean returns a answer immidiately to the client, but wants to be able to tell the client on the progress and the final results. The client has a method which is dedicated to handle these callbacks. How can the bean send asynchronous callbacks to the client?

I've tried by sending the Method as a argument to the bean:
public String getAsynhcString(Method client, String test)

and the client invoke this by:
test.getAsynhcString(this.getClass().getMethod("callmeback", String.class), "hello");

The callmeback method of the client is on this form:
public void callmeback(String res)

However, when trying this, I get a marshalling exception: java.io.NotSerializableException: java.lang.reflect.Method
which is very unfortunately.

wondering if there are any suggestions on how i should accomplish my goal?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002230#4002230

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002230