[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - find mbean server - example of code not JBoss specific.

michele.curioni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 16 12:14:35 EST 2007

Hi all,

I discovered that in the JVM that runs Jboss there can be more than one instances of MBeanServer.
This creates a problem when the code doesn't use JBoss specific classes to look up on of these instances.

If I use the following code I can get more than one instance back:

List list = MBeanServerFactory.findMBeanServer(null);
if (!list.isEmpty()) {
    MBeanServer server = (MBeanServer) list.iterator().next();
}

Say that I run this code inside JBoss, I want my code to use JBoss own MBeanServer.
How to do that, and keep the code vendor agnostic?

Thanks,
Michele

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002357#4002357

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002357