[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Thread.wait() in an Action

JimKnopf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 17 03:12:35 EST 2007

Hi all,

i want to wait (this.wait()) in an action if there is no Data from my Database and notify this Thread after the database is filled with this data.

Example:

  | myAction{
  |    while( noDataInDB() ){
  |         this.wait();
  |    }
  | }

The Problem is, if i do this and call token.signal(); the whole Programme freez.

signal Example:

  | onButtonAction( ... ){
  |     System.err.println("befor Signal");
  |     getSelectedNode().getToken().signal();
  |     System.err.println("after Signal");
  | }

This print only "befor Signal" and after that it will freez.
So the signal won't return and my UI-Applikation will stop :( .

Could some one help me? Is there no way to make a wait in an action?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002631#4002631

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002631