[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam selectItems ignores label tag

hubaer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 17 06:06:40 EST 2007

I tried your suggestion, but it seems that #{messages['languagename.'language.isocode]} not works. I always get an exception:

Caused by: javax.el.ELException: Error Parsing: #{messages['languagename.'language.isocode]}
  |         at com.sun.el.lang.ExpressionBuilder.createNodeInternal(ExpressionBuilder.java:140)
  |         at com.sun.el.lang.ExpressionBuilder.build(ExpressionBuilder.java:157)
  |         at com.sun.el.lang.ExpressionBuilder.createValueExpression(ExpressionBuilder.java:201)
  |         at com.sun.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl.createValueExpression(ExpressionFactoryImpl.java:74)
  |         at com.sun.facelets.tag.TagAttribute.getValueExpression(TagAttribute.java:256)
  |         ... 84 more
  | Caused by: com.sun.el.parser.Pars
  | 11:30:11,219 ERROR [STDERR] eException: Encountered "language" at line 1, column 27.
  | Was expecting one of:
  |     "." ...
  |     "[" ...
  |     "]" ...
  |     ">" ...
  |     "gt" ...
  |     "<" ...
  |     "lt" ...
  |     ">=" ...
  |     "ge" ...
  |     "<=" ...
  |     "le" ...
  |     "==" ...
  |     "eq" ...
  |     "!=" ...
  |     "ne" ...
  |     "&&" ...
  |     "and" ...
  |     "||" ...
  |     "or" ...
  |     "*" ...
  |     "+" ...
  |     "-" ...
  |     "?" ...
  |     "/" ...
  |     "div" ...
  |     "%" ...
  |     "mod" ...
  |
  |         at com.sun.el.parser.ELParser.generateParseException(ELParser.java:1651)

So I seached the internet an found out that EL cannot concat strings this way.

I found a solution, but  I find is not very beautiful, but it works.
I defined the jstl functions in my header

xmlns:fn="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/functions"

and could now use the replace function (a concat is not available) like followed:

<h:selectOneMenu value="#{user.language}">
  |                         <si:selectItems
  |                             value="#{languages}" var="language" label="#{messages[fn:replace('languagename.SUFFIX', 'SUFFIX', language.isocode)]}"/>
  |                     </h:selectOneMenu>

Maybe I'll try to write my own concat-functions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002704#4002704

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002704