[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: JBoss version versus JRE

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 17 10:22:45 EST 2007

First, I am looking through your posts and see various different capitalization schemes for 'jvantage'. Are you sure that the capitalization matches everywhere?

Second, do you have the following entry in your web.xml file:

  <resource-ref>
  |     <res-ref-name>jdbc/jVantageDS</res-ref-name>
  |     <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
  |     <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  |     <res-sharing-scope>Shareable</res-sharing-scope>
  |   </resource-ref>

Third, in your Java code, are you accessing the data source as follows:

DataSource ds = new InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/jVantageDS");

The following is also acceptable:

DataSource ds = new InitialContext().lookup("java:jdbc/jVantageDS");

I use the first pattern within servlets, and the second within EJBs.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002852#4002852

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002852