[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Has anyone tried those portlets ?

aerostra do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 17 15:16:05 EST 2007

Found the site a couple of days ago and tried the blog portlet without success. Till I discovered he actually has a blog with a referece to the JBoss Portal:

http://palab.blogspot.com/2006/09/how-to-deploy-our-portlet-to-jboss.html

I tried the CMS portlet following the instructions but it gave me a startup error (something to do with logging). When the portal started up , I managed to get the portlets on screen BUT

a) not long aftwards the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space appears and everything stops dead.
b) logging into the admin portlet again and it threw up some serious errors.
resulting in (a)

However, there is a post regarding the PermGen error:
http://palab.blogspot.com/2006/09/if-you-see-permgen-space.html

and whilst still getting the logging error, it actually seems to work. Not quite sure how the Editor is supposed to work but the Viewer works seems to be the editor!?

Paul

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003019#4003019

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003019