[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Combining EntityHome and session beans

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 17 16:07:25 EST 2007

Well,  I don't have a hard and fast rule about any of this (because that would be silly ;).  So I would start by putting the validation on the home bean, then, if needed later on, move it onto the flow control bean.  The only example of this I came of needing on the pageflow was:

A wizard (backed by a pageflow) which the user could work on, then leave, then return to (e.g. the next day).  I needed to make sure most of the fields were required BUT not on all submissions of the form, just when the user choose to "save and submit" (the final time).  So for this I put the logic making fields required into the pageflow bean.

Your second point is probably just a terminology problem - what I meant is that I have one seam component for pageflow logic (e.g. as discussed above) and the home component.  I inject the home component into the pageflow component (using @In) - you can inject any Seam component into another one which supports bijection (i.e. not entity beans)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003033#4003033

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003033