[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - MDB fails to listen after config changes

kr1491 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 17 17:11:04 EST 2007

I have discovered that a MDB won't listen anymore if you change a config file on the fly, for example changing the password in oracle-ds.xml.  Here are the following steps you can do to test for yourself.

1. start your server and mdb.
2. send a message via a jms client.
3. watch mdb pick it up.
4. Change something in the config file. I changed password in oracle-ds.xml.
5. Jboss will unbound and bound the datasource, queue, topic, etc.
6. Now send a message via a jms client.
7. It will be sent successfully, but MDB won't pick it up.
8. now, restart your server and mdb.
9. mdb now picks them up on startup.

I have tested this in 4.0.3, and 4.0.5. To me, the mdb should still pick up messages without a restart. but maybe it is working as design... :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003060#4003060

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003060