[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: JBoss5.0.0.Beta1 multiple instances error

jbs99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 18 00:36:31 EST 2007

"JerryGauth" wrote : Have you tried binding your server instances to IP addresses?  If you're just trying a two node cluster on your machine, you can probably use either a wired/wireless combination or a wired/loopback combination.

  | The IP address approach is generally simpler as you don't have to create/use a Service Binding configuration.  You also won't encounter problems that might occur where a developer uses a port for something and isn't aware that the port must also be specified in the service binding file to avoid problems when running in a cluster.
  |
  | For example:
  | run.bat -c server1 -b 192.168.1.101
  | run.bat -c server2 -b 192.168.1.102
 Hi Jerry,
 Sorry i was on leave & Thanks for the reply. I am using the separate ports approach because it doesn't require network administrator for configuring multiple IPs. Can you share a link or more info on the "wired/wireless combination or a wired/loopback" approach. If anybody got succeeded in using ports approach, please share how did you configure them. I think the configuring approach might be different for Jboss5 as the same procedure working well with Jboss4.0.5.
Thanks,
-Jb

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003149#4003149

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003149