[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JBoss 4.0.5.GA MySQL integration

alllle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 18 16:05:53 EST 2007

"MmarcoM" wrote : Hi,
  |  i see...
  | ok if you want just a MYSQL datasource foryour own purposes, it's enough to do step 1/2/3, configure mysql-ds.xml and proper authentication in login-config.
  | All jboss MQ that comes with default dist i gues it is using hsql as database, so if you would have gone to do steps 5/6 that mean to me that you want tocompletely replace hsql with mysql, having mysql db handling everything,
  | at least, that's what looks to me by checking the link you provide
  |
  | i have been using mysql with jboss for over 3 years, and all i needed todo was to configure properly a mysql-ds.xml
  |
  | that's what it seems to me you want to do
  |
  | hth
  |  marco

I was having the same issue because I removed the same hsqldb-jdbc-state-service.xml file when I switch to MySQL. Restore that file solved the problem.

I don't agree, though, that you only need step 1/2/3. Step 4 is necessary as it contains SQL statement only meant to be used with HS DB. And I got exceptions if I keep that file there.

Also note that the sample mysql-jdbc2-service.xml depends on "MysqlDS", which should be changed to "DefaultDS" to make it work.

I think in this case the SQL statements in the hsqldb-jdbc-state-service.xml happen to work with MySQL DB as well, that's why we kept that file. Had it contains HS DB specific statements, we won't be able to use it directly then.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003531#4003531

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003531