[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Fibo tutorial interface package not generated, please help

tmoore do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 21 23:33:00 EST 2007

Hi,

Thank you to anyone willing to help me.  I am trying to work my way through the Fibo Tutorial and when I reach the part of Chapter 5 where I run the XDoclet, it seems to run ok but it does not create the interfaces package, or the files that the tutorial shows should be in them.  I have tried starting over and going step by step but still get this problem.

I downloaded "JBossIDE-1.6.0.GA-Bundle-win32.zip" and extracted it to it's own directory and used it "as is" as a starting point for the tutorial.  Is there something else that I needed to do?  I have also downloaded and set up JBoss 4.0.5 and installed it using the JEMs installer and another tutorial.  The JBoss server seems to be working.

There are several compilation errors in my Tutorial project, most of which look like they stem from the missing packages and files.

In addition to the compile errors for the missing classes, I also get the following errors listed under problems:

The content of element type "ejb-jar" must match "(description?,display-name?,small-icon?,large-icon?,enterprise-beans,relationships?,assembly-descriptor?,ejb-client-jar?)".

The content of element type "enterprise-beans" is incomplete, it must match "(session|entity|message-driven)+".

I don't know what information is usefull but, here are my ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml files.  If other information would be helpful, please let me know and I will post it.

ejb-jar.xml
------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE ejb-jar PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans 2.0//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd">

<ejb-jar>
   <![CDATA[No Description.]]>
   <display-name>Generated by XDoclet</display-name>

   <!--  enterprise-beans> -->

      <!-- Session Beans -->
     <!--
       To add session beans that you have deployment descriptor info for, add
       a file to your XDoclet merge directory called session-beans.xml that contains
       the  markup for those beans.
     -->

      <!-- Entity Beans -->
     <!--
       To add entity beans that you have deployment descriptor info for, add
       a file to your XDoclet merge directory called entity-beans.xml that contains
       the  markup for those beans.
     -->

      <!-- Message Driven Beans -->
     <!--
       To add message driven beans that you have deployment descriptor info for, add
       a file to your XDoclet merge directory called message-driven-beans.xml that contains
       the <message-driven></message-driven> markup for those beans.
     -->

   <!-- </enterprise-beans> -->

   <!-- Relationships -->

   <!-- Assembly Descriptor -->
     <!--
       To specify your own assembly descriptor info here, add a file to your
       XDoclet merge directory called assembly-descriptor.xml that contains
       the <assembly-descriptor></assembly-descriptor> markup.
     -->

   <assembly-descriptor >
     <!--
       To specify additional security-role elements, add a file in the merge
       directory called ejb-security-roles.xml that contains them.
     -->

   <!-- method permissions -->
     <!--
       To specify additional method-permission elements, add a file in the merge
       directory called ejb-method-permissions.ent that contains them.
     -->

   <!-- transactions -->
     <!--
       To specify additional container-transaction elements, add a file in the merge
       directory called ejb-container-transactions.ent that contains them.
     -->

   <!-- finder transactions -->

   <!-- message destinations -->
     <!--
       To specify additional message-destination elements, add a file in the merge
       directory called ejb-message-destinations.ent that contains them.
     -->

   <!-- exclude list -->
     <!--
       To specify an exclude-list element, add a file in the merge directory
       called ejb-exclude-list.xml that contains it.
     -->
   </assembly-descriptor>

</ejb-jar>

jboss.xml
-------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE jboss PUBLIC "-//JBoss//DTD JBOSS 3.0//EN" "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss_3_0.dtd">

   <enterprise-beans>

     <!--
       To add beans that you have deployment descriptor info for, add
       a file to your XDoclet merge directory called jboss-beans.xml that contains
       the ,  and <message-driven></message-driven>
       markup for those beans.
     -->

    <!--
      write a merge file jboss-webservices.ent for webservice-description
    -->

   </enterprise-beans>

   <resource-managers>
   </resource-managers>

  <!--
    | for container settings, you can merge in jboss-container.xml
    | this can contain <invoker-proxy-bindings/> and <container-configurations/>
  -->

Thanks again for any/all help

-Tom

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4004696#4004696