[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam and JSTL

rsmol do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 22 04:22:18 EST 2007

Hi,
I'm still quite new to SEAM and Java coding at all. Is there anything specific needed to setup Seam with JSTL? I use Facelets as recommend in the book and reference manual.

page.xhtml

  | <ui:composition xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
  | 	xmlns:s="http://jboss.com/products/seam/taglib"
  | 	xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
  | 	xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
  | 	xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
  | 	xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"
  | 	template="layout/template.xhtml">
  | <ui:define name="body">
  |
  | 	<c:if test="true">
  |         Generate this template text if s "true"
  |     </c:if>
  | 		<c:if test="false">
  |         Generate this template text if s "false"
  |     </c:if>
  | </ui:define>
  | </ui:composition>

Produces:
anonymous wrote : Generate this template text if s "true"   Generate this template text if s "false"

Source of rendered HTML page:
anonymous wrote :
  | <c:if test="true">
  |         Generate this template text if s "true"
  |     </c:if>
  | 		<c:if test="false">
  |         Generate this template text if s "false"
  |     </c:if>

I guess the code is just copied to output and not processed by JSTL? I'm using seam-gen to generate project and so far I've only modified build.xml to copy jstl-1.1.0.jar to WEB-INF/lib of app.war. I've also tried to substitute "true" with "#{true}" and "${true}", not sure if that matters. JBOSS server output did not tell anything suspicious. Any hints?

Best regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4004746#4004746

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4004746