[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Retrieving EJB Reference - Best practice

sickboy79 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 23 08:58:00 EST 2007

Hi.

I have problems connecting to my successful deployed EJB3 SessionBeans from within a web application. If I try it with a standalone J2SE Client App everything works fine.

If I do the following I get a ClassCastException in my Web Application, in the J2SE Client App this works fine.

Context context = new javax.naming.InitialContext();
  | Object ref = context.lookup("myApp/MyRemoteBean/remote");
  | MyRemoteInterface dm = (MyRemoteInterface)ref;

What am I doing wrong? Btw. What is the best practice to connect to an EJB3 Bean from a WebApp? Is there a way to obtain a reference through dependency injection?

Here my setup:
myApp.ear
 | -> myejbs.jar (in here are my SessionBeans)
 | -> myWebapp.war

My application.xml:
<application>
  |   <display-name>my_ejb</display-name>