[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JSF (RI) Portlet deployment on JBoss Portal 2.2.1

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 23 09:34:22 EST 2007

There are cleaner ways to deal with the tomahawk.jar that would negate you having to add it to your app.  But since I don't have a good understanding of your environment, the easiest thing to tell you is that it will work as long as you always use the same version of tomahawk for everything.  Sorry I don't have time to go into more detail on that.

I don't think it is impossible to fix your problems, but mixing JSF implementations is an area of research that (to my knowledge) hasn't been explored yet.  You aren't the only one to have problems with this though, so I expect that the research will be started some time this year.  I know that old tomahawk versions are known to have issues with Sun's JSF.

I don't see why you would ever want to extend the implementation classes of JSF.  You should only use the plug points defined in the JSF spec.

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4005330#4005330

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4005330