[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: pagination problem, advice needed

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 24 15:51:04 EST 2007

t:dataScroller is absolutely the wrong way to do it - as you've noticed, it means loading a massive result set into memory just to display a few items. I've seen lots of JSF controls like this - written by people who think too much about the GUI and not enough about data access. This is a major problem in the web framework space. One of the reasons Seam is so different to other web frameworks is that we took all our Hibernate experience into account when designing it.

So, the way to do it in Seam is to use Query pagination. Check out the contactlist example, and this documentation:

http://docs.jboss.com/seam/1.1BETA2/reference/en/html/framework.html#d0e6595

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4006009#4006009

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4006009