[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Integration jBPM with JBoss AS 3.2.8

alex.guizar@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 24 19:29:04 EST 2007

I actually reviewed JBoss 3.2.8 to see what is in there. I deleted the jboss-hibernate.sar dir and started the server. Nothing got broken up, so I assume you can remove it if your applications do not depend on Hibernate2. Once you do this, you can throw in find class version clashes if you throw in Hibernate3.

The story does not end there, tough. The jBPM console uses a web.xml descriptor that adheres to Servlet 2.4. JBoss 3.x supports Servlet 2.3 only. You'd have to migrate the descriptor and be ready for the challenge.

Further, it does not make sense to develop new applications against old standards. You should probably set up a separate JBoss 4.x instance and  deploy your new applications there. The advantage of this option vs. jBPM standalone is that you can leverage the enterprise features such as the web container, managed data sources, JMS, etc.

Hope this helps,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4006094#4006094

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4006094