[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Deploy change to property file

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 25 00:52:35 EST 2007

That makes sense, thanks.

Does it ever make sense to deploy an exploded archive? I've noticed that in the Ant build, as it copies the folder over, the JBoss console starts to show different parts of the application deploying in bursts and before the Ant build has completed. Is this expected behavior? (Should there be console output before the Ant build completes? This never happens with packaged archives...)

Is the only reliable way to deploy to JBoss through packaged archives? Or can exploded archives work reliably?

What's recommended for production use?

If exploded archives aren't good for production purposes, can they reliably be used in a development environment or will the problem with the Ant builds keep happening? (Btw, the Ant build happens from within Eclipse.)

I'd really like for the exploded archive strategy to work, because am I correct to say that the whole application won't be undeployed/redeployed as in the packaged archive case?

Can anybody please clarify all this for me?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4006198#4006198

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4006198