[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - TimerService: Canceling Timer in stop()- of @Service

periklis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 25 10:49:47 EST 2007

Hi,
i am writing on a small service based on the @Service+ at Management Features of EJB3. In this service i create via TimerService a new Timer in the start()-Method, which waits 10 minutes and invokes the @Timeout-Method every one hour. When i undeploy my service i invoke the timer cancelation in my Service's  stop()-Method.

As far as i understood, timers are getting persisted in a secondary storage, so that they are available even after a system crash. Hence i should expect, that when i cancel a timer this timer should also get removed also from the secondary storage. In my case they aren't getting removed.

I am seeing this phenomenon in the jmx-console. During undeployment the timers listed in the section service=EJBTimerService per listTimers() are getting canceled and removed, but this is not the case in the section persistencePolicy=database,service=EJBTimerService.

My system is based on:
JBoss 4.0.5 GA
EJB3+RC9+patch1
MacOSX 10.4.8 with actual JVM 1.5