[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Problem running HelloWorldPortlet

sudarshanacharya do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 25 11:35:39 EST 2007

I am new to JBoss Portal. I am trying to run the HelloWorldPortlet. This is what I did:
1. My JBoss server runs fine.
2. I copied jboss-portal.sar under C:\jboss-4.0.5.GA\server\default\deploy\jboss-portal.sar
3. I put HelloWorldPortlet.war to the same directory.

I tried to access, but I received this error:

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot invoke with a null interceptor[]
	org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:393)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause

org.jboss.portal.common.invocation.InvocationException: Cannot invoke with a null interceptor[]
	org.jboss.portal.common.invocation.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:143)
	org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:381)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

Even while the Jboss runs, it throws an error saying

MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM
ObjectName: jboss.jca:name=PortalDS,Service=DataSourceBinding
State:NOTYETINSTALLED

I guess it is something related to datasource. Since I am not using any database yet, it is necessary to configure the datasource? I even tried configuring the database adn datasource, but I keep getting the same error.

Anyone has any idea? Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4006416#4006416

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4006416