[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Userassignment problem

skpeddi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 25 11:48:33 EST 2007

Hi,

Could any body tell me about the "userassignment" problem

ie.,

In JPDL file if i dont use swimlanes & users then how to assign the users for a particular task(work item).

In our situation we have BPM_web.xml file,this xml contains all the users and roles for a particular process.We are using users and roles from this xml file.By using OBE related api we are calling the users and roles from that xml file.

Now we are integrating with JBPM whether we have to define the users and roles in swimlane or directly by removing the swimlanes in JPDL file.

Our assumption is we are removing the swimlanes concept in JPDL file and assigning the users by using JBPM api from the already existing BPM_web.xml file

If this is the situation then how to retrieve the users from the database.
we know that using setActorId() method we can retrieve the currently authenticated user.

Is there any other way how to assign the users with out using swimlanes.

Could any body tell me how the "USERASSIGNMENT" should be happened using JBPM api.

NOTE  :

     * we are not using JBPMStarters kit
     *by using jBPM api we are deploying the jpdl file.
     *we have BPM_web.xml file for assigning the users and roles
     *Manually we are entering users in the JBPM_USERS table.

Please confirm whether we need swimlanes or not .
Then what is the proceedure for Userassignment

Thanks
Suresh

Thanks,
Suresh