[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Behaviour of the cache in case of a node failure

lucdewav do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 25 18:15:59 EST 2007

Thanks a lot for the explanations.
Reading the Junit test cases also helped.

I also have a question regarding (re)synchronization.
For a cluster of 2 cache members A & B, imagine that:
- A network failure occurs and members A & B can't "see" each other.
- a transaction starts and updates the node "/node1" on member A and commits
- a transaction starts and updates the exact same node on member B and commits.

Then network is back again and nodes can now see each other. What would happen regarding data consistency ? I guess node versioning or timestamping is used to determine which node that should prevail when synchronizing members but if the same node is updated on both members ? Is it "the last wins" rule ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4006595#4006595

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4006595