[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Session timeout during method execution

muni78 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 26 02:47:20 EST 2007

Hi,
I have a little complicated issue with HttpSession timeout process. It goes like this.

Lets says, my Web Application session timeout period is 5 minutes.
I made a Http request to server and corresponding Servlet requires more than 5 minutes lets say 10 minutes to complete the business logic.

As we can see in the above case, Session is invalidated before end of business logic execution in Servlet.

I've tried following code to work around the problem but seems to be no luck

Before executing the business logic in a method

int timeoutBackup = session.getMaxInactiveInterval(); (5 minutes)
session.setMaxInactiveInterval(-1);

Business Logic.... (10 minutes)

session.setMaxInactiveInterval( timeoutBackup ); ( 5 minutes )
return;

If i make the next request on same session, I get session invalid exception..
I'm wondering what am i doing wrong here..

Hope you guys can throw some light on what I'm doing wrong

Best Regards,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4006683#4006683

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4006683