[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: EJB3 and JBossWS (JAXWS), is WSgen even needed for botto

jason.greene@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 26 21:28:39 EST 2007

"dwin" wrote : please clarify for me,

  | this "magic" that happens behind the scene is specific to JBossWS 1.2 or to any implementation of JAX-WS?

It's a feature specific to JBossWS. The whole reason for the JAX-WS wrapper classes is to solve a technical problem that is specific to the vender. So since the end-user never actually does anything with these classes, we think it's silly to epect them to run an offline tool to generate them. So if you do not include them, we generate them on the fly for you during deployment.

That said, since the wrapper types are required artifacts, in order for your deployment to be portable to other containers (if you even care) you would need to generate them offline using the wsgen tool. I recently finished the offline tool for this purpose (code is currently in trunk).

Also, this only applies to the wrapper types. The WSDL file is not needed on any JAX-WS compliant container.

-Jason

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4007106#4007106

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4007106