[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Needed functionality (requirements)

jimisola do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 28 11:24:25 EST 2007

Hi!

I am checking up/evaluating different Javabased CMS (OpenCMS, JBoss Portal etc) for migration of a college alumni site and a related student union site. Data migration is not a hard requirement, but we have some basic functionality that we need:

 1. news: ability to post news to the site (e.g. last five are shown on the right hand side)
 2. picture gallery (with basic functionality such as category/labels, ACL etc)
 3. address book / contact list (for former student)
 4. forum / message board (nice to have: ACL)
 5. file sharing/storing using web, WebDAV etc (for meeting protocols etc, ACL)
 6. web mail

Are these things possible with JBoss Portal today? Which portlets are needed and recommended?

Does JBoss Portal handle multiple sites (different domains) with one install or do we need two separate installations?

Also, JBoss Portal is not available for a feature matrix at http://www.cmsmatrix.org/matrix/. That would be very helpful.

Best regards,
Jimisola

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4007459#4007459