[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Which kind of jsf libraries??

gekorob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 30 06:59:18 EST 2007

Hi all,
  which kind of jsf libraries do you suggest for developing in a new project nowaday?
Consider that we have experimented a lot of problems with icefaces (also in 1.5.2 version) like:

- multiple selections on selectItems components don't work
- pdf generation problems with iText errors (see giordacchio++ posted on Tue Jan 30)
- navigation issues with backbutton, every time you're coming from a page rendering a table backed by @DataModel
- seam entity-query doesn't work (i've seen one post about that, no replies)

Every time we've encountered a problem, replacing iceFaces with tomahawk or other libraries was the solution.

I've read some posts thas suggest use iceFaces instead of tomahawk...why?
By the way IceFaces seem to have much more problems than other libraries.

Why not using Sun's JSF-RI? Simple but probably much stable.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

  bye
    Roby

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008243#4008243