[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - configure Jboss 4.0.4 to use Jaas

aleksab do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 05:19:58 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm having a problem with Jaas and Jboss. read all the faqs, tutorials, examples,books i've come across. I've followed all the examples, but I can't get Jaas to talk with the Jboss AS.

According to the docs, Jaas should automatically pass the context information to the jboss as...

I have a standalone client, which authenticate the users and lookup the bean. However, when trying to call a bean method, no security meachanisms are executed. Have a @DenyAll on my ejb methods, so they should not be allowed to execute. But they do.

If a tag the bean with a SecurityDomain (haven't seen any examples using that, but thought to give it a try), i get a missing users.properties file. Howevere, i don't want to authenticate with the users.properties, but using Jaas.

So, must I configure JBoss and/or Jaas before using Jaas? I'm using the Jboss AS 4.0.4 with EJB 3.0

Please help me or redirect me somewhere else.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008727#4008727

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008727