[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Diff in behaviour with STATE_SAVING changed to server fr

kevin.genie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 10:32:27 EST 2007

Hello:

 Since this thread is old, let me say the problem again. If the STATE_SAVING_METHOD is changed to server from client and when a page is taken from a link second time , the first conversation and bean is not getting destroyed. I have a test case to reproduce this behaviour using the NumberGuess example.

1. Add a log or out.println message in the begin() method of NumberGuess.java

2. Deploy the NumberGuess example in Tomcat.

3. Give the web context url. U will get the numberGuess.seam page. Also, the log message that we have given in begin() will be printed in console.

4. In the same browser session, now refresh the page using browser refresh. The begin() will be called again and the log message also will be printed.

5. For every refresh in the same session, the begin() method will be called  and you will get different conversations and different bean instances.

6. Now stop Tomcat. Change the state saving method in web.xml to server and make a clean new deployment. Copy commons-lang.jar (i used commons-lang-2.1.jar)  to WEB-INF/lib for state saving with server. On repeating the steps 3 to 5, the begin() method is not being called for every refresh.

  I have tested this behaviour with outputlinks in the page also and the behaviour is the same as described above. If you navigate to another page and then come back, then the create method is called and a new conversation also starts. If you request the current page again, then this behaviour is seen.

 I have use Seam 1.0.1 GA and Tomcat 5.5.

Thanx,

Kevin.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008816#4008816

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008816