[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: JSPs shown as text in Firefox (Content-Type: text/plain)

erikdhansen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 10:50:44 EST 2007

"bassman5" wrote : Hi I have
  | XServlet 2.4; JBoss-4.0.3SP1 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_3_SP1 date=200510231054)/Tomcat-5.5
  |
  | using mod_jk to attach Apache all works JSP gets compiled and executed.
  | But the Content-Type is text/plain but should be text/html and this makes firefox show the jsp html as text.
  | IE seems to get it correct, must ignore the Content-Type.
  |
  | Any ideas?
  |
  | Thanks

I believe you're correct in assuming that IE is ignoring the content-type -- which is an IE bug.  It's particularly painful because it masks problems with servers sending the wrong content-type.  Unfortunately, 90% of the world will tell you, "works for me."

I'd be interested in knowing why the pages are served as plain/text, too as I am having the same problem with Apache->mod_jk->JBoss 4.0.5GA/jbossweb-tomcat55->axis2-1.1.1

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008830#4008830

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008830