[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: How to get a WorkManager from a Bean (worker threads)

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 11:35:28 EST 2007

Thank You Weston.

Then let me ask the more generic question:

What is the recommendation to start/manage background worker threads in JBoss 4.0.x?

Using JMS for a long running process seems to be discouraged  (like 5 minutes of background work)

I can implement a Runnable/Thread class and manage it myself but per J2EE protocol this is not recommended.  Threads are supposed to be managed by the app server.

Thanks in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008846#4008846

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008846