[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: Naming Error shutting down JBoss server in JBoss Eclipse

rob.stryker@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 11:48:25 EST 2007

Greg:

I read a bug about something similar on bugs.eclipse.org. It seems the user there was using the webtools "generic server" adapter for JBoss, which is not what we use here. We use a custom server adapter.

I suspect strongly you're using the same thing.

The only thing I can think of to help you is that there is probably, somewhere in your plugins folder, a jboss-related xml file which the generic server uses to configure ports and such.

The folder should be something like:  eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.jboss_1.5.1.v200609140551\servers\jboss.serverdef

But, we suggest you use JBoss IDE instead ;)

If I'm wrong and you're not using the generic jboss server, feel free to respond. (You can tell by watching which category you create your server in. JBoss vs JBoss Inc.   JBoss Inc. is the one we create / support. JBoss is provided by webtools.)

Take luck.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008855#4008855

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008855