[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Simple Socket Server (TEXT)?

hurzeler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 1 04:38:47 EDT 2007

Ok yes I am an idiot. I had an old jar file in the deploy directory.

Now the sar gets deployed ok and answers on port 8084. The problem I have now is that remoting complains about the version of the data:
18:18:51,734 ERROR [ServerThread] Worker thread initialization failure
  | java.io.IOException: Can not read data for version 116.  Supported versions: 1,2,22
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.versionedRead(ServerThread.java:660)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:530)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:369)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:165)

I am trying to send simple text to the socket via telnet. On the server side I do not want any fancy deserialization happening. I just want to get the InputStream (SimpleInputStreamWrapper getInputStream() returns a simple InputStream) and read the data of that InputStream (TextUnMarshaller read(InputStream is, Map map) returns a String).

May be I misunderstand the concept but I definitely do not understand the above error message.
Thanks for your help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059432#4059432

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4059432