[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: How do you set the source port for a client?

TheNelson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 3 14:41:39 EDT 2007

"ron.sigal at jboss.com" wrote : Well, like I say, the socket transport client maintains a pool of connections, and the bisocket transport is derived from the socket transport code.  In any case, there is currently no mechanism to restrict local ports.

  | Just out of curiosity, do you have a client side firewall filtering outgoing packets by source port, or a a server side firewall filtering incoming packets by source port?
  |
  | If you like, you could create a JIRA issue at http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBREM, giving as much information as possible about your use case.

No client side firewall but the client machine will likely be in a DMZ type area and the network guys want to make the firewall rules back the to production environment as strict as possible.

thanks,
Ian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060104#4060104

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060104