[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - EL Expression String to Component?

quilian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 4 09:26:57 EDT 2007

Hi All!

I have a facelets template tag which gets the name of a bean as a parameter. The inclusion of the tag is as follows:

  | <mb:associationTableInclude
  | id="GruppeToBenutzers"
  | tableInstance="#{associationTableGruppeToBenutzers}"

Now in the Page where i define the tag i can output:

  | <h:outputText  value="#{tableInstance}"></h:outputText><br/>

which gives me the output:

  | associationTableGruppeToBenutzers

But thats just a String. I want the Output that #{associationTableGruppeToBenutzers} would give me:

  | associationTableGruppeToBenutzers at 587234e

So I can get the attributes and call the methods of the bean.

So the question is, how to get from the string to the object with that name?
I tried all sorts of combinations, including:

  |  ${tableInstance}
  |  #{ ${tableInstance}}
  |  #{component.instance(tableInstance)}
  | #{interpolator.interpolate(tableInstance)}
  |  #{expressions.instance().createValueBinding(tableInstance).value}

Now I'm out of ideas :-)

Thanks for any light on this.
Tobias Kilian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060468#4060468