[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - JNDI lookup problem from remote client present in External N

vedgunjan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 12:18:24 EDT 2007

Hi,

We are using JBoss 4.0.5.GA as our application server.

The scenario is like this.

Machine A) IP Address: 192.168.XXX.YYY. [It's the Server] On this Machine Jboss4.0.5.GA and MySQL are running.

The outside system (basically the external clients) refers to this machine through address 220.225.ZZZ.XXX. This is the public ip address.
i.e the external_host_name = 220.225.ZZZ.XXX.

Machine B) it?s an external client. It is looking up for service which is running on Machine A through JNDI.
In the client code, the jndi provider URL is set up to "jnp://220.225.ZZZ.XXX:1099" when the initial context is created for the RMI access.

The client code which is running on Machine B) is doing a lookup for the service, using the following jndi.propterties:
Code:

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
java.naming.provider.url=jnp://220.225.ZZZ.XXX:1099

The two machines are running on different network.

When am running the code on the Machine B), and trying to access the service running on Machine A), it is throwing java.naming.CommunicationException: connection refused, cannot connect to url: 220.225.36.247.

Can you guide us where we are going wrong and whether we are missing any setting in the JBoss Server?

I need this fix very urgently...please guide be to the solution.

Thanks and Regards.
Ved.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060906#4060906

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060906