[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - LazyInitializationException explination

DeanoUK do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 12:53:27 EDT 2007

I'm trying to get the size of a collection of entities within a web page.
I receive this error:
[LazyInitializationException] failed to lazily initialize a collection of role:

I understand this is because the hibernate session is closed after a http request, but I don't understand why or the process behind this. I also don't know how to correct this without forcing the Set to have an Eager load.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to read up on the first/give me an explination, and could anyone directly explain how to resolve the issue correctly.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060921#4060921

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060921