[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Nested conversations - potential bug in Manager.beginNes

hkarapuu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 13:35:18 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : hkarapuu,  do I understand you correctly that you want the following behavior?   (The following is the behavior I'd prefer to see if I could choose...)

  | When @Begin(nested=true) is encountered and there is already a long-running conversation active, a new nested conversation (which is also long-running) gets created.
  |
  | When @Begin(nested=true) is encountered and there is NO long-running conversation active,  a nested conversation does NOT get created. Instead, the temporary conversation being active gets promoted to a long-running conversation.  So we get the same behavior in this case as would happen if @Begin (without nested=true) was encountered.

Yes, exactly like that.

anonymous wrote :
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | Disclaimer; i'm only evaluating Seam so i might have understood things wrong.
  |
  | Me too.

You might want to look at Spring Web Flow also, i was able to build my prototype in an hour (including conversation state rollback on back buttoning and recursive conversations) from the installation, while with seam i'v been seriously struggling between docs that don't define semantics clearly, and runtime behavior that does not match my expectations.

/Henri

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060937#4060937

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060937