[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Does Seam really support back buttoning?

hkarapuu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 14:52:50 EDT 2007

"Gavin King" wrote : Not really, other frameworks are wrong here (and unperformant). In Seam, you get effect you want to achieve using "state rollback" by instead using nested conversations. It will take a bit of thinking for you to really "get" this.

Yes i got the style, it's in fact same as what i used in my custom implementation of conversation scope in the sense that the state to be saved needs to be marked explicitly. Which is all good.

The problem was that, apparently due to the bug in @Begin(nested=true) as discussed in the other thread, the behavior did not work ...

I'll give it a spin again and see how things go. Thanks.

Ps. If Bill continues his postings like today [1], we'll be soon unable to use Seam for political reasons. I don't personally give a shit, but others do.

[1] http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=46065#235878

/Henri Karapuu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060978#4060978

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060978