[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: How do I control through-put of messages when using MDB?

genman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 15:23:49 EDT 2007

The only existing feature to sort of emulate throttling is to use scheduled messages. Or, track the rate using a singleton counter and sleep() appropriately.

The real way to implement this would be to extend the generic JMS resource adapter.

http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfigJMSMessageListener

I've taken a look at adding throttling ("flow control") by creating a plug-in interface, but I didn't really need it after all. I got stuck coming up with a decent way to configure such a thing. Really what you want the RA to call is something registered (in JNDI? in the MBean server? Class.forName.newInstance()?) but then really have per-instance (MDB) configuration parameters.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061001#4061001

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061001