[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam 2.0.0.Beta1 and UIDecorate

charles.crouch@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 15:49:56 EDT 2007

In my app I'm programmatically creating a UIDecorate component:

UIDecorate component = (UIDecorate) getApplication().createComponent(UIDecorate.COMPONENT_TYPE);

This used to work in Seam 1.2.1, but with 2.0.0.Beta1 I now get

  | Caused by: javax.faces.FacesException: Expression Error: Named Object: org.jboss.seam.ui.UIDecorate not found.
  |         at com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.createComponent(ApplicationImpl.java:529)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamApplication.createComponent(SeamApplication.java:91)

I can see UIDecorate in jboss-seam-2.0.0.BETA1\jboss-seam-ui.jar\org\jboss\seam\ui\component\

but its been deleted from CVS (http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/JBoss/jboss-seam/src/ui/org/jboss/seam/ui)
as part of http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1013 (Port Seam JSF controls to Ajax4JSF CDK).

If we're not meant to be using UIDecorate anymore whats the equivalent ajax4jsf/richfaces component?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061018#4061018

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061018