[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - RAD 7.0 --> Jboss ide for eclipse

haziboj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 6 05:25:16 EDT 2007

Im new to javadevelopment and I have some questions regarding the available tools in the jboss IDE developer enviroment.

The other week I worked with RAD 7.0 and built a couple of sample jsf applications. Since i dont have a access to an websphere server i want to change to jboss instead.

However, there are a number of useful tools in the RAD 7.0 which im wondering if the can be retrieved for the jboss version.

The webperspective
when working on the jsf projects I found the webperspective to be very straightforward and simple to work with when building up my site. Is there a similar tool in the jboss version, if thats the case, what should I downlaod?

JSF
I have downloaded  JBoss Eclipse IDE 1.5 and updated accoridng to :
http://docs.jboss.com/jbosside/install/build/en/html/installation.html
so I have all the latest versions.

But...jsf is not included in the release:

do I simply have to follow this guide
http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/docs/Installation.html#Installing_Java_Server_Faces_Technology_AS
to be able to choose the jsf option in a new dynamic web project or are there any additional things I need to do?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061174#4061174

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061174