[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Jrules engine

jetimms do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 6 12:25:32 EDT 2007

I have a similar problem to the original poster.

Unfortunately, I'm new to Eclipse, Java, and JBoss.  That being said, I understand and humbly accept the massive learning curve I personally must navigate to better understand these tools.  I have read section 2 of the documentation and have a basic understanding of the expert systems from   My installation didn't work the same way, which leads me to this post.

I have been successful in creating a new JBossRules project which seems to always have the sample Hello World in it somehow.

I got that to run, which was a small mildstone for myself.

Now I'm loading the Drools example from the JBoss download page, but the example drools files can't seem to find their related example java files.

When I build, I get 4,692 Problems (or opportunies.  Glass half full, right?)

Each one has a funny looking red X on it.  Inside the Drools example project, the HelloWorld.drl had a x on the rule name and the conditional.  As a matter of fact, that's true throughout the example project.

I have three questions:
1) Where can I find a short explanation (3 sentence or less) of what I'm seeing?
2) What is the importance in maven as to if and why I might need it (or how to tell that I have it?)
3) Do I need subversion for Drools examples to work?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061385#4061385

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061385