[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Jboss iiop problem

kathy90031 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 6 20:48:35 EDT 2007

I have a jboss server wih an EJB deployed (the jboss.xml is configured for iiop and the server configuration I am using is all).

When I try (through JDeveloper using OC4J application server) to lookup the bean through JNDI I get a NamingNotFoundException

Here's the strange thing.  When I remove the iiop reference from the jboss.xml and then try connecting via jnp - I get connected and it can find the EJB with no problem.

Here's my code that I'm running in JDeveloper.  Just wondering why my bean can be found via jnp but not iiop (our preferred way)

            Hashtable environment = new Hashtable();
                                environment.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
                                environment.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
                                environment.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://192.168.1.104:1099"); // remote machine IP

            //environment.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
            //      "com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory");
            //environment.put("java.naming.provider.url", "corbaloc::192.168.1.104:3528/JBoss/Naming/root");
            UserIndexHome remote = UserIndexUtil.getHome(environment);

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061527#4061527

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061527