[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: authenticator action..password hashing

tptackab do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 7 17:50:09 EDT 2007

I'm running up against the same issue. My passwords are stored SHA hashed in the database, and so I need to hash the clear text password to compare it with the hashed password fetched from the db. When I attempt to hash #{identity.username}, it simply hashes the String "#{identity.username}".

How does one get the evaluated EL value from #{identity.username} so it can be hashed before placing it into a query parameter? Is there another way to compare the hashed values?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061645#4061645

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061645