[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - jBPM 3.2.1 jbpm-console with a different database

msandoz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 8 12:04:37 EDT 2007

i started off trying to customize JBoss AS to use jbpm but after a lot of unsuccessful fiddling, i decided to minimize the variables in the installation and use the installation included in the jbpm-jpdl-3.2.1 bundle. the only change i wanted to make was to change the database.

I've read the many wiki entries on switching databases with jbpm. i populated the database using the dbCreate class and that seemed to work fine using the sesamestreet.xml.

i'm running run.bat -c jbpm from the server/bin directory in the installation.

before i make my changes, users can log in using the included hypersonic database with the manager role etc. afterwards, all i get i security errors trying to even log in.

here's my change set:

1. deployed the postgres jdbc driver: postgresql-8.2-504.jdbc3.jar
2. jbpm-ds: i modified as below:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  |
  | <datasources>
  |   <local-tx-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>JbpmDS</jndi-name>
  |     <connection-url>jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jbpm</connection-url>
  |     <driver-class>org.postgresql.Driver</driver-class>
  |     <user-name>jbpm</user-name>
  |     <password>jbpm</password>
  |     <metadata>
  |       <type-mapping>PostgreSQL 8.1</type-mapping>
  |     </metadata>
  |   </local-tx-datasource>
  | </datasources>

3. the jbpm-console.war in the deploy directory i exploded, modified the hibernate.cfg.xml as follows:

<property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect</property>

the hibernate file was already pointing to the right datasource - java:/JbpmDS so i didnt change it

i then re-zipped it and redeployed it into the deploy directory.

what i get when i try to log in is:

Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested resource has been denied) has been forbidden. - a 403 error. and there are no exceptions in the server log.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061739#4061739

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061739