[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: ClassCastException with iiop

kathy90031 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 8 19:03:15 EDT 2007

I have fixed my problem, here's the solution in case others are having problems.

I had to use rmic.exe in the java runtime to generate the stub classes.

I did this in eclipse by selecting Run > External Tools > External Tools from the File Menu

I right clicked Program in the external tools dialog and selected New
I put
-Location: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_11\bin\rmic.exe
-Working Dir: ${workspace_loc:/UserIndexEJB/build/classes} (my classes dir of my EJB Project.

Arguments:
-iiop -classpath .;C:\InfoManager\JavaLibraries\RazorSource\RazorSourceCommon.jar;C:\Development\jboss-4.0.2\server\all\lib\jboss-j2ee.jar;C:\InfoManager\Source\WebAdviser\deploy\WebAdviser.jar;C:\InfoManager\JavaLibraries\Log4j\log4j-1.2.13.jar com.infomanager.ejb.userindex.UserIndex com.infomanager.ejb.userindex.UserIndexHome

I clicked Apply and then Run and my stubs were generated.

I then right clicked by project and selected Export and exported my bean to an EJB jar file.  I then referenced that EJB jar file from my JDeveloper project and violla!!! everything worked.

So, I figured this out all by myself.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061786#4061786

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061786